Camp Fire Chefs
- 1papaya, very ripe
- 1⁄2cup soy sauce
- 3large garlic cloves, minced
- 2lbs flank steaks
- In a large bowl, combine the papayas, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Using the back of a fork, smash the papaya until it forms a chunky paste.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the marinade and refrigerate.
- Add the flank steak and a generous amount of salt and pepper to the remaining marinade and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Remove any excess marinade from the steak and discard. Grill each side of the steak for 5-7 minutes for medium rare. Allow to sit for 10 minutes on a cutting board, then slice against the grain into 1/2-inch slices.
- Serve with the reserved marinade.